Our café cake shop Dankl Hotel & Restaurant is situated in the picturesque village of Lofer, surrounded by the impressive Loferer Steinbergen. The central village in the Salzburger Saalachtal, also close to the Kitzbühl and Berchtesgaden alms, offers in the summer as well as in the winter a large choice of adventurous activities.
Nature lovers, leisure and ambitious sportspeople, family holidaymakers, all of them will enjoy their mountain experience in Salzburger Saalachtal. An extended hiking area with nice alps and numerous impressive mountain tours, varied cycling and mountainbiking tours, wild gorges and ravines guarantee the best combination for a successfull holiday in the province of Salzburg.
Our holiday area nested in the three regions of Salzburg, Bavaria and Tyrol is also ideal for unforgettable snow fun. Ski runs of all levels in the ski areas of Lofer (Almenwelt Lofer), Unken (Heutal) and Waidring (Steinplatte), a large offer of cross country ski runs, several toboggan runs and romantic winter hiking trails, all of your winter wishes will be fulfilled.
- Gorges and caves : Seisenbergklamm, Vorderkaserklamm, Lamprechtshöhle
- Swimming pools : Steinbergbad Lofer and Alpenbad Unken
- Kneipp facilities in St Martin and Lofer
- Maria Kirchental in St Martin , a nice pilgrimage church (with toboggan run in the winter)
- The Lofer Alps
- Salzburg open air museum
- Salzburg City with the fortress
- Castle Hellbrunn in Salzburg with the water games and the zoo
- Salt worlds in Salzburg and Berchtesgaden
- High mountain reservoirs in Kaprun
- Grossglockner High alpine road
- Waterfalls in Krimml
- Werfen ice caves and Hohenwerfen castle
- Königssee and Kehlsteinhaus
Wellness and relaxation are not forgotten either with the Rupertus-Therme in Bad Reichenhall, different public wellness and sauna facilities as well as massage possibilities.